Thursday, April 19, 2012

National Open House Weekend is the weekend of April 29

So! you can go check out lots of other houses and  then come see us at 2 Locust on Sunday, April 29th to see how it's done right.  ;)

 (Don't think I don't check out the competition regularly to be sure we're leading the pack in value.... you won't find another Victorian in this neighborhood at our price point with ALL 2012 upgrades met or exceeded, plus: a brand new roof, new electrical system, new plumbing, new hardwoods, new insulation, new walls, new ceilings, new kitchen, etc.....you might not even find a comparable newer home with those bonuses, but if you're in the market specifically for a Victorian, you know what we're offering is unheard of)

Do I sound proud or just obnoxious? I feel like this sales pitch spins in my head like a broken record... I guess that's because 2 Locust is my dream house. It was my dream house even when it needed a new roof last year, so it's unbelievable to me now that someone can buy it and have ALL these new upgrades.  (Have you seen the roof, by the way? it positively gleams!)

I guess this is all on my mind today because our new home in NH is suffering from a frightening lack of new things/upgrades and we've (unexpectedly, of course) had to sink a boatload of money into it already. The house is less than 10 years old but it's starting to feel like that Tom Hanks movie "The Money Pit".  (We've even had the giant bee hive scene)  Let me tell ya- it makes leaving all the brand new-ness of 2 Locust even harder. 

But I digress. Moving on to the recent "House of the Week" Feature in the Times Union.

I used to take all the compliments we got with a giant grain of salt because they were coming from  friends and family who are sort of honor-bound to tell you what you need to hear in these situations..now that we've "debuted"to the public at large, however- people I've never met are saying fabulous things about the house. I get emails from total strangers telling me how much they love the house and are moved by our story. It's really touching. Nearly every single one has said "If I was in the market to buy, I would make an offer in an instant".  That's encouraging, for sure. Now, we just need someone to see the story  and visit 2 Locust in person who IS in the market to buy.

In addition to the all the emails and calls (both to us and to our realtor), the  TU blog itself  had some great feedback for us as well- check it out if you haven't. There are a couple of disparaging words- but even those are taste related...not substance issues. (Shocking- considering the general direction  those comments tend to go in)  I engaged with posters where necessary to correct factual misrepresentations but I won't defend our decorative choices. It's totally a matter of perception and if you hate the paint I chose, I know some great contractors you can hire to change it when you move in. ;)

(this post went on a lot longer than I intended to...sorry about that)


Anyway! It's just been so incredibly positive and encouraging- I am thrilled. We put our hearts into this renovation- to make sure it was done properly. I think that really shows through. We'll be showing 2 Locust to the world again on April 29th between noon and 2. (this time with lemonade on the porch, as was brilliantly suggested by a new friend I met when she reached out to me via email after she read the TU story).

In the meantime, we've had a few requests for private showings and so far we've been able to honor all of them....so if you want one of those, email me or call Jody. If that one special buyer doesn't stumble upon us before the 29th, then we'll see ya at National Open House weekend.


(518) 573-1093 Joseph Dalton

amy.monk@albint.com  (me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment