Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Paint! (in fact: 17 pictures of it)

I've made no secret of my disdain for neutral paint.... it's a sign of defeat that I have to photograph the white ceilings in most of these shots just so you can see the contrast to the neutral wall color. HOWEVER, that being said: the actual painting is impeccable and even I could live with some of these colors.....(provided I had the right accessories, of course!) So, without further ado... here's the latest:

This is the upstairs office/bed room. Technically, it's a bed room because it has a great closet, but we always used it as an office. When Dan quit his job to go to school full time, he took it over as a study. Before that it was decorated exactly like the interior of the bottle from I Dream of Jeannie. I will admit that it's much more sophisticated like this.... 



The next few are all the other (3) upstairs bedrooms & the upstairs hallway. The bedrooms are all variations on  creamy beige, the hallway is a really great shade that you really have to see in person to "get". I guess it's like an opal- it sort of borders white and all the other colors at once.










Now we're downstairs again, where 2 Locust has been primed for paint- but we have no color yet. (Contrary to the way Dan and I painted, the pros at Tech East take their time and do things properly. )

Here's a view from the kitchen into the downstairs bathroom. (You can tell from the green sheetrock, remember?)




Here is all the paint waiting patiently to go up. It reminds me of a fresh, new box of crayons. Remember how awesome that feeling was ??  2 Locust is the ultimate new box of crayons...it's the 64 pack with the sharpener on the back. ;)









This view is from the bottom of the stairs up to the hallway. You can see the "opal" paint clearly here and sort of tell how nuanced it looks. I really can't wait to have the lights in so we can really show this off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment